Tuesday, December 18, 2007


Today we had the opportunity to speak with Saleisha Stowers the WINNER of Americas Next Top Model Season 9. Saleisha a 21 year old receptionist from Los Angeles, CA was the winner on Season 9 of Top Model announced Wednesday December 12th 2007.

HSL: So how did you get involved in the show?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): I was contacted by a casting director on the internet. They emailed me and asked me to audition so I sent in my information and ended making my way through the process.


HSL: Did you know you would end up as far as you did?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): I went into the competition being myself, I really wanted it so I always told them that. I also worked hard and did the best I could.

HSL, (RealityWanted.com): Who do you think was your biggest competition?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): I said at week number one that Chantal was my biggest competition and that we would be the last two standing. She had that fire for it.

HSL, (RealityWanted.com): What did you think when you saw the TV screen with your picture on it?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): I freaked out when I saw the screen. I was so nervous and when she said my name I was so happy. I went into the competition being confident and I knew I needed to stay focused in order to win. Obviously this is a great door opener, I have met with Covergirl, Seventeen and Elite Models.

HSL: What is the best advice you learned while being on the show?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): Just to be natural and be yourself. Know who you are and know your body. Also be able to take criticism and stay positive.

HSL): Do you think the judging was fair?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): I feel everything was done fair and I worked hard and deserved it. I did the best so people could see who I truly am on the show.

HSL: What was the most difficult part of the show for you?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): The whole transition into my new makeover. I wasn’t comfortable with the way I looked in the beginning but after awhile I got over it and was able to be confident again.



Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): Be confident. Pretend like no one else is there and walk straight. Also practice a lot with high heals on. Go out there and fight

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): The Great Wall by far. It was such a great place to visit.

HSL: Do you think the competition has changed you and how have things been since arriving back to Los Angeles?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): The competition made me a better model. I am more knowledgeable of the modeling industry now and I can take critiques positively. It is weird though that everyone notices me now but I am so overjoyed.

HSL: So what are your plans after the show? Are you planning on continuing with modeling?

Saleisha, (Americas Next Top Model): Yes! I plan to work out of Los Angeles for awhile in modeling and see what doors open for me.

No comments: